Welcome to Cruelty-Free Canada – your trusted resource for cruelty-free shopping in Canada. It’s our mission to bring you updated knowledge and reviews on the best quality products and services here in Canada. For us, that means these products and the companies behind them have to prioritize being kind to animals and our environment.
It’s 2019, and sadly Canada still doesn’t have legislation in place to prevent undue and unnecessary harm to animals. If you have a moment, please sign the cruelty free campaign run by Animal Alliance Canada
There are many resources available to find cruelty free products – including the Leaping Bunny certification. Cruelty-Free Canada is about trying to explore the best options for Canadian consumers. In this case, it’s not just enough to be certified as cruelty-free – we need to be sure the product itself is of a high standard and quality that stands up to other products in its category. Many times, cruelty-free can mean ‘more expensive’. We want to sift out the products that offer the best value for money. We also would like to highlight the amazing work done by Canadian companies and brands that are local and therefore more sustainable. We are not backed by any companies or brands, so you can rest assured that our reviews are unbiased.
At Cruelty Free Canada, we want to highlight products that are:
1. Cruelty-free, i.e. have not been tested on animals at any point during the manufacturing process.
2. Vegan i.e. do not use any products sourced from animals.
3. Local i.e. made in Canada by Canadian companies. We will also review Canadian companies that choose to import ingredients or finished products but with a level of transparency that allows consumers to make informed decisions.
We further want to promote products that are:
5. Good value for money – so you don’t feel like you’re stretched for cash.
6. Great quality – so you don’t feel like you’re losing out.
7. Non-Canadian Cruelty-free Brands available in Canada – We will also review a selection of products that satisfy all our criteria and are available to Canadians easily. However, these will be clearly listed on a different section of our website.
The good news (nay, great news) is that these products exist and are easy to come by. Now, let’s go shopping!